The Pros and Cons of White Vinyl Coated Chain Link Fence
If you’re considering a chain link fence, you might also be thinking about getting a vinyl or PVC-coated chain link fence, and if you are, you might be wondering which color is best for your project.
In some parts of the world, white vinyl-coated chain link fence might be one of your options. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of white vinyl-coated chain link fence, so you can make an informed decision.
The Pros of White PVC Coated Chain Link Fence
We always try to look on the bright side of life and fences, so as usual, let’s start with the pros of white vinyl-coated chain link fence:
- If you live in an area that gets snow for at least half of the year, your white chain link fence will be almost invisible!
- The same goes for properties that back onto white sand beaches, except the effect lasts all year round!
- Like black chain link fence, white PVC-coated chain link fence looks a little classier and more elegant than ordinary galvanized options.
- If you use white privacy slats on a white vinyl-coated chain link fence, you can get the look of a privacy fence for a much lower price.
- PVC coating improves corrosion resistance and can increase the lifespan of your fence.
As you can see, there are many reasons why a white vinyl-coated chain link fence might be the right choice for your project.
The Cons of White PVC Coated Chain Link Fence
As always, there’s a flip side to the white PVC-coated chain link fence coin. Here’s what you need to know:
- Like any other kind of PVC-coated chain link fence, you will pay more for white PVC chain link fence, so be sure to budget at least 10 to 15% more for the job.
- It’s harder to treat and touch up PVC-coated and powder-coated chain link fences, so you might have some trouble if anything needs to be modified on-site.
- If the PVC coating on your fence should crack and the core wire rusts, you might find orange stains on your white PVC-coated chain link fence.
Who Carries White Chain Link Fencing?
Chain link fence colors tend to vary by region, and in some areas, some colors are more popular than others. So in some places, you might have no trouble finding green and black chain link fences, while white is harder to come by.
The best place to start your search for white PVC-coated chain link fencing is the fence companies that specialize in chain link fencing in your area. Even if they don’t usually stock white, they might be able to get it for you.
You can also try chain link fence distributors and manufacturers. Even if they don’t supply direct to the public, they should be able to tell you who they do work with, so you can contact those companies directly.